Saturday, July 25, 2009

One Week

My friend Alan Taylor came up with this challenge:

In the course of the next week, everything you ingest intellectually, books, TV, radio, film, magazines, papers, music will be written down.

Sounds cool, so I'm doing it. Started last night. I watched TV (I have a feeling this activity will show up more than I want it to). I saw the comedy/mystery show Castle which is good solid light entertainment and then the Dateline show about America's addiction to oil.

So far today I read the paper and bunch of blogs and I'm listening to classic rock on the radio. It's the 1969 weekend, to commemorate Woodstock, I guess, so there's been a lot of music from that year and from bands that were at Woodstock.

Okay, for one week:

3 comments:

Mike Knowles said...

A lot of the stuff I read can not be classified as intellectual. What then?

John McFetridge said...

Cool Patti.

And Mike, my definition of intellectual is pretty broad. As a matter of fact, I'm putting Grinder on my list (I read it a couple of weeks ago, I'm just re-reading a little for the blurb - which is going to include the word, "intelligent."

Mike Knowles said...

Throw in handsome if you can.