Sunday, January 04, 2009

Puck Bunnies

Mike Knowles, author of the terrific debut novel, Darwin's Nightmare, interviewed me for Allan Guthrie's Noir Originals website.


Mike is also Canadian and that comes up in the interview. It's possible that the espression "Puck bunnies" is unknown in the rest of the world, but it becomes pretty self-explanatory. Of course, the Urban Dictionary helps out, here.

Some interesting questions, for sure, but I make no promises the answers measure up.

The interview is here.

4 comments:

Peter Rozovsky said...

Hmm, is a puck bunny like a baseball Annie?
==============
Detectives Beyond Borders
"Because Murder Is More Fun Away From Home"
http://www.detectivesbeyondborders.blogspot.com/

John McFetridge said...

Yes, I'd say pretty much the same thing.

I wonder if there's an equivalent for hurling?

Dana King said...

Excellent interview; thanks for the link.

I guessed what a puck bunny was, and even I knew Saturday is Hockey Night in Canada, even though I've only ever been to Canada to see Niagara Falls and the Windsor Ballet. Is this the first unraveling thread of Canadian civilization?

I remember reading THE FRIENDS OF EDDIE COYLE off a friend's bookshelf about eight or nine years ago. Never read anything like it before, really changed the way I looked at the crime fiction I read.

John McFetridge said...

The Windsor Ballet - that might make a good title, Dana, maybe a flash fiction.

Yes, the "new" Canada emerges...