Friday, May 21, 2010

short story - Barbotte

A couple of years ago a short story I wrote appeared in an issue of Dave Zeltserman's webzine, Hard Luck Stories, edited by Ed Gorman.

The story is called Barbotte and takes place in Montreal in 1946.

Now that Smashwords has made it so easy to make stories available, that's what I'm doing.

Barbotte is available here for free.

At the time Hard Luck Stories used this illustration by Jean-Pierre Jacquet and he's given me permission to make it the cover image of the e-book.



Jean-Pierre Jacquet's website is here.

2 comments:

Dana King said...

Never been to Montreal, but you've captured the feel of the time. It has that staccato rhythm and dark but not noir atmosphere of some of the Chandler or Hammett stories.

Have you done other period work?

John McFetridge said...

This was my first attempt at a period piece, but it was fun and I am going to try another one. The 60's this time.